Timber is becoming increasingly popular as the most sustainable construction material.But residential timber design is not easy, there are over 50,000 possibilities in which asimple rectangular timber floor can be structured. DAISY (Design AI Systems) is the firstAI-powered timber design software that automates this process. It applies the latestresearch in genetic programming to find the most optimal structural timber design.DAISY’s first application built by PhD-level AI Experts from Brainpool AI and constructionexperts from Staircraft Group, is designed to find the most cost-efficient timber i-joistfloor design. DAISY doubles engineers’ productivity whilst reducing the construction costof each floor by about 5%. The next applications of DAISY are planned to optimise otherareas of construction, such as walls, roofs, stairs as well as to minimise the materialwastage produced by construction manufacturers.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced product manager ready for a new all-consuming adventure. In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products fromconception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development. The ideal candidate will have experience in introducing new software products to the market and is familiar with the North American construction sector. You will be the first full-time member of the DAISY commercial team and will be working very closely with the co-founders in order to develop the best possible go-to-market strategy and to maximise the value of our product.
• Develop a deep understanding of customer needs and challenges in timber construction in North America
• Work with all stakeholders, including customers and the DAISY team, shape product vision and deliver a product roadmap that meets the market needs and opportunities
• Analyse the competitive landscape in detail, determine DAISY’s differentiation anddevelop product positioning.
• Evolve and refine the product’s value proposition based on the findings. Pro-actively propose new product ideas.
• Develop product pricing strategy by studying the market and competition, reviewing costs, and anticipating demand
• Define product marketing communication objectives.
• Work closely with sales to compile product-market intelligence through first-hand client contact and input from sales.
• Collaborate with the team in raising investment.
• Develop short-term and long-term market growth forecasts, based on a bottoms-up understanding of the market.
• Develop and drive DAISY’s go-to-market strategy.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Be a driver in shaping the product culture at DAISY.
The profile we are looking for:
• 4+ years’ experience in product management of B2B software
• Outcomes focused with an ability to work cross-functionally with engineers, data scientists, designers and commercial team members
• Experience driving product vision, go-to-market strategy and design discussions
• At least one case of successfully introducing a new product to the market
• Experience working in product-centric tech start-ups
• Good understanding of the North American construction industry and constructionsoftware is a b plus
• Good technical knowledge (e.g. of CAD software), although training will be provided
• Attention to detail, getting to the bottom of a problem and drive to achieve an objective answer t the questions being examined
Being one of the first full time members of our team the role will come with shares in DAISY AI. We are looking for a person that can commit to join our venture for the next 2 –3 years.
Location: Remote/ Toronto
Salary: $85,000 - $100,000 CAD + shares in the business
Start date: January 2021, full-time